Special Scientists (Research Fellow)
The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies invites applications for Special Scientists ( Research Fellow) in the area of wireless communications. The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies (http://iridacentre.ucy.ac.cy) is a recently established research centre at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Cyprus, conducting both basic and applied research in the broad area of wireless communication theory and its applications. It’s currently employees more than 15 researchers and PHD students, funded by externally research projects
The positions refer to motivated researches with general expertise in signal processing, communication theory, information theory, optimization, machine learning or other relevant fields. The successful candidates are expected to work independently but also collaboratively as part of the IRIDA’s research group.
PROFILE - QUALIFICATIONS
- The candidate should possess a PhD degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or any other relevant field.
- The ideal candidate should have at least two publications in prestigious scientific journals (e.g. IEEE Transactions, IEEE JSAC).
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The position holder (depending on his/her qualifications) will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Shaping research directions and producing results in the area of wireless communications.
- Coordinating research projects and delivering outputs
- Disseminating results through high impact journals and conference publications
- Providing guidance to PhD and MSc students
The position is initially a one-year contract renewable, based on performance.
The IRIDA Research Centre, offers competitive salaries based on qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates should submit the following by email to the IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 February 2021.
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek.
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more information please contact the director of the IRIDA Centre, Associate Professor Ioannis Krikidis at email@example.com or by phone at +357 22 89 51 59.