Special Scientists (Assistant Researchers)
The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies invites applications for Special Scientists (Assistant Researchers) in the area of wireless communications. The IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies (http://iridacentre.ucy.ac.cy) is a recently established research centre at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Cyprus, conducting both basic and applied research in the broad area of wireless communication theory and its applications. It’s currently employees more than 15 researchers and PHD students, funded by externally research projects
The required skills and expertise include the following:
- Bachelor`s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or any other relevant field. A Master’s degree or equivalent will be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of wireless communications will be considered as an advantage.
- Development skills in MATLAB or C++ are required.
- Knowledge of software-define radio systems and development skills in NI LabVIEW will be considered as an advantage.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The position is initially a one-year contract renewable, based on performance.
The IRIDA Research Centre, offers competitive salaries based on qualifications and experience. The research positions can be combined with the enrolment in the PhD programme.
Interested candidates should submit the following by email to the IRIDA Research Centre for Communication Technologies at email@example.com by 28 February 2021.
- Cover letter that specifies their employment availability date.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English or in Greek.
- Copies of transcripts of BSc/MSc/PhD degree(s).
- The names and contact details of at least two persons from whom references may be requested.
For more information please contact the director of the IRIDA Centre, Associate Professor Ioannis Krikidis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +357 22 89 51 59.